3/7/13

A Dumpling Baby Shower

I threw a baby shower for a dear friend of mine.
Everyone knows she makes the best handmade dumplings. So it made sense for her baby shower to have a little dumpling theme.





I designed the invitations to look like folded dumplings.




The favors were pouches I made from white felt and staples, with Asian wrapped candies and gummies tucked inside.





I put together a book for the new-parents-to-be and compiled wishes for the baby from friends and family. There were so many funny and heartfelt notes in there. I used a simple blank notebook from MUJI and glued in mini glassine envelopes.




We had dumpling-themed food (ravioli, mini fruit hand pies, empanadas, fried dumplings, mini bao sandwiches...), and my friend's favorite apple cider donuts from the Greenmarket. I normally hate baby shower games, but this activity my friend's sister put together was pretty hilarious -- we cut and pasted together photos of my friend and her husband from when they were little, to imagine what their baby might look like. Couldn't stop laughing at all the crazy results. The one with the handlebar mustache is my favorite.

12 comments:

Jenn said...

what a great idea! your friends are blessed to have you :)

little t said...

BRILLIANT idea for a game!

linsey said...

Erin you are a genius. LOVE this so much.

Katie Meyers said...

This is the most adorable shower theme I've ever seen! Too cute!

Katie Meyers said...

This is the cutest shower theme I've ever seen! Love it & hope their little dumpling is healthy & happy.

Sean said...

Sounds like a pretty swinging party. Genius idea for the baby generator game!

Priscilla Ahn said...

You are amazing.

Jeane M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beatrice said...

everything is awesome!

Fran Traina said...

brilliant!

Michelle said...

This is so cute and creative! I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend who has nicknamed her baby Dumpling. I'm going to use a few of your ideas -- thanks so much for posting!

Lauren O'Neill said...

I ADORE this! The sweetest gesture + so clever!