2/25/13

A flashlight party

My nephew requests the coolest parties. When he was two, he asked for a bagel party. For his fourth birthday, he said he wanted a flashlight party. I made a simple invite that was emailed out via Paperless Post.





My sister made this flashlight garland.



I made these quick kraft favor bags; flashlights drawn on the bags with a Sharpie.



The favors included a hand shadow puppet guide with a silhouette of my nephew I drew for the cover.



There was a dance party in the dark, flashing light rings, and a puppet show by the kids, starring a subway car, a fish, a giant bird and Thor. Read more about the party at my sister's site here.

6 comments:

laura fox gill said...

aw this looks so lovely and imaginative. what a creative family!

Jenn said...

this is so wonderful. coolest kid, aunt, and mom!

samantha hahn said...

AHHmaaazzzing!

Bill "Stretch" Coleman said...

Next year: a flashlight bubble party!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgGWBNKKcd0&feature=share&list=UU91swmgTVdUgKWJQXjOdr1g

Chase the bubbles with your flashlights! Too much fun!

little t said...

This is brilliant! I love the invites and the shadow-puppet guide.

Alejandra Ramos said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea! So cute...I'd do it for adults, too!