10/21/12

A print for charity



As you know, I've been raising money for cancer research through Fred's Team (read more here and here).

And I've designed a limited edition six-color screenprint (printed beautifully by the kind folks at Mama's Sauce) specifically for our fundraising effort.

It is titled "Simple Virtues," and I wanted to make something that could sit at my work desk but also hang in my child's room. When I was designing this, I kept going back to the small but important things I want my son Miles to cherish and value. It's not always easy to exercise all these things, to be diligent, to be patient, to be fearless and gracious. But it is something for me (and I hope, for you) to aspire to in work, in life.

The print is 8x10", and it's a vibrant six-color screenprint (Yes, SIX COLORS!) on 130 lb black paper stock. The only way to get one is if you donate $100 or more here; they will not be for sale anywhere else.

I only have a limited quantity of 100 prints, and a third 80 of them have already been accounted for, thanks to the very generous donations so far. But I am hoping to raise as much money possible for this cause that means so much to me and my husband. And I hope you will join me in this effort.

All gifts are tax-deductible, and please know that 100% of the funds raised for Fred's Team goes directly to cancer research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the nation's preeminent center for research and treatment devoted exclusively to cancer.

Please note: I only have 100 prints that will go to the first 100 donors who give $100 or more. I'll be updating my twitter with quantities of prints remaining (there are 55 20 left!). Frame is not included. Prints will be packaged with heavy cardboard backing and mailed out during the first two weeks of November. Unfortunately, I can only offer this print to US and Canada residents.

Keep your eyes out for a very special animation of this print, and sneak peeks of the screenprinting process at Mama's Sauce in the coming week!)

7 comments:

EscobaRachel said...

Are the prints still available?

- e - j - said...

@EscobaRachel Yes, there are 55 left at the moment! They are only available as a gift when a donation of $100 or more is made to my Fred's Team fundraising effort. Donations can be made here: tinyurl.com/marathonforcancer Thanks for your interest!

Ryan said...

Hi, I forgot to add my mailing address for the print? What should I do? Thanks.

- e - j - said...

@Ryan: Hello! When you make a donation of $100 or more at our donor page (tinyurl.com/marathonforcancer), it will take you to the donation page where you can write a personal note -- please leave your full name and mailing address there. If you've already made a donation and forgot to send me your address, email me directly at theindigobunting [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!

Jenny said...

I wish this was available for people residing in Asia. :)
Lovely print with perfect sentiments.

Erin said...

Oh no - I just donated $100, but didn't leave my address in the personal message! What's the best way to get it to you?

- e - j - said...

@Erin: Thanks so much for your generous donation! Please send me a direct email at theindigobunting [at] gmail [dot] com. I have reserved a print for you. Thanks!