3/14/12

Workspace + Playlist


I have an interview about music and my workspace over on Herman Miller's Lifework site. My workspace is just a desk in my baby's room, and let's be honest -- sometimes it's a mess and often I will work wherever I can, on the sofa, at the dining table, or surrounded by my baby's toys and laundry. But I hope you'll enjoy these photos of my workspace on a good day, and my playlist. Click here to read the interview and see more photos.


And, check out these Playlist interviews with other creatives on the Herman Miller site: Matt Singer | Todd St. John | Tim Lahan | Jessica Hische | Timothy Goodman

Would love to know, what favorite songs are on your work playlist?

9 comments:

Jane said...

oo so pretty! i love your inspiration board! what kind of printer do you use to test your prints?? they so vibrant!

Eric said...

Great profile of you... so proud to know you =) Best to you, Abe and Miles!-Eric Chang

Truly Smitten said...

totally digging your work space, Erin!! Love and inspired by it!

Soyoung said...

Such a beautiful and inspirational workspace! I love your design work, and I'm also a huge music lover, so reading your Herman Miller interview was a lot of fun for me. I'm curious to check out some of the unfamiliar artists on the list.

My day job is not anything design related, and in order to focus properly, most of the time I find that I can't listen to music with words. Recently I've been loving Mstislav Rostropovich's recordings of The Bach Cello Suites. If I can listen to something with lyrics... some artists currently getting a lot of playtime on my iPod are Iron & Wine and Andrew Bird.

thelittlealli said...

Bon Iver & Miles Davis tunes are my favorites on there! Just found this blog today and I adore your work!
-AW

Amrita said...

Hi Erin,

Do you pin things straight up on the wall or is it some sort of a larger painted pinboard. I can never quite figure out a system for my inspiration board.

- e - j - said...

@Amrita: I pin onto large cork tiles that I painted the same color as my wall.

Amrita said...

Thank you so much for clarifying! Love your work.

Kristi said...

Do you happen to remember the teal paint color on the wall? I am setting up a home office and this is the perfect color for my main wall.