3/22/12

NEW WORK: Real Simple, Women & Time

I designed a 12-page special section about Women & Time, for the April 2012 issue of Real Simple. Here are some pages from the package.

I drew this stopwatch icon which opened up the section. Stopwatches look friendlier when they are smiling.

Lots of infographics and statistics sprinkled throughout. I made the chart below that reflects the results of a survey that asked women which tasks they'd like to do without. (I'm still in awe of the percentage of women who said "None. (I enjoy all of my tasks.)" Who are these women!?)

This was a fun project, and it definitely got me thinking a lot about my own work/life balance and how my time is managed during the day.

( REAL SIMPLE / April 2012 / Creative Director: Janet Froelich, Art Director: Abbey Kuster-Prokell )

9 comments:

Unknown said...

SO good! You are amazing!

Ling Wang said...

I just picked up this copy of Real Simple & when I got to this article/feature, I thought to myself, "now why does this feel so familiar??" And now I know why =) This section was the best-looking part of this issue, in my opinion.

Kelsey said...

I subscribe to this magazine which definitely is the best designed magazine I can think of! I did not know you were one of the designers. I love the simplicity.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - said...

@Kelsey I don't work at Real Simple (they just asked me to design this special package as a freelance job). I agree though, it's such a good magazine, they have a great design team there.

Tammy said...

You have a certain aesthetic, and there's something about the 'feel' of things you do that is recognizable. It amazes that you get so much information across through graphics that appear so clean. So nice!

alliepal said...

I love it! Bravo.

Erica Midkiff | Dearingford said...

How exciting to have your (beautiful) work in Real Simple! Congrats!!

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

So cool! I'll have to get this issue!

Won said...

i love how this turned out! and carrie's right--i'll have to get this issue. :)