9/16/11

Thunder-and-lightning-and-Thor party!


My nephews request the coolest themes for their birthday parties. Last year, my 2-year-old nephew asked to have a bagel party. This year, his older brother, J, turned five and requested a "thunder-and-lightning-and-Thor-in-an-airplane party." As usual, my sister planned an awesome party. And I had fun making all the kids these fun favors to take home.


"Super-duper fruit snacks" for the kids -- organic fruit leathers from Trader Joe's wrapped with a purple label I designed.


I love Economy Candy. You can find all kinds of candies in colors you are looking for. Each kid got a purple rock candy swizzle stick with some purple chocolate candies. I felt a little guilty giving the kids so much sugar but I couldn't help myself.


What's interesting and admirable is that my nephew J is scared of thunder and lightning, yet he requested a party with that very theme. It seemed like it'd be a fun idea to make temporary tattoos for J and the kids. I drew a little cloud and thunder illustration with the words "Be Brave" on each tattoo, and packaged them in tiny vending machine bubble containers.



All these goodies, plus a spinning top, went in bags I printed with an illustration I did of my nephew as Thor.

13 comments:

Shayna said...

Super cute! Can I ask how you made the tattoos? I'd love to make my own... Thanks!

between 7 and 9 said...

This is super super duper duper cool!

HELLO. I AM QUEENIE. said...

i wish you are my aunt! please do share how you printed your illustrations onto the packaging.

Phil said...

Best. Aunt. Ever.

Kiki Ottosen said...

WOW! so great!

sundayist said...

the bags are so cute! i love the thor theme!

Isabel said...

Wow! I'd also like to know how you made those tattoos! :-D

Kristen said...

You make the best things. I'm sure the parents of your nephew's friends get jealous at how good your sister is at throwing parties!

Sanni said...

would love to know how you did the tattoos?

Sanni said...

here is a link on how to do temporary tattoos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1y4d-cmR1U&feature=related

v said...

Cute and awesome!!!

Mini Mocha said...

I just love the look of this, you are extremely talented at what you do!!!

Kevin Payne said...

hi, where did you get the vending machine bubble containers? Thanks for your help.