4/18/11

Video: Make it Beautiful



A stop-motion animation video I created for the May 2011 ipad issue for Martha Stewart Living. I came up with the concept, folded and created the origami elements and lettering, and directed the shoot. It was a real labor of love -- lots of paper folding...

Photography by Johnny Miller and video editing by Philip Leaman. If you are having trouble viewing it here, click here.
You can download the May iPad issue here.

*and a thanks to Justine, at the lovely paper art site, Upon a Fold, for her kind mention. There is so much inspiring paper art to be seen at this site, visit her site here.

17 comments:

ataylor said...

Love this. I can't imagine how much time it must have taken! But it was well worth it.

sayanotherlexi said...

This brightened up my morning when I really needed brightening!

amanda jane said...

your work never ceases to amaze me! really truly beautiful! I'm a fan.

brooke said...

what's the music, and where did you get it?

Basil Design Co said...

are you going to get this up and running again?

Laurie Cinotto said...

YOU are brilliant, Erin. Seriously.

Eric said...

Your genius kills me. What's up, friend?

Kristina D. Closs said...

Wow this is so beautiful!!! It reminds me of all the spring flowers that are opening.
Really well done!

Kristina D. Closs said...

Wow this is so beautiful!!! It reminds me of all the spring flowers that are opening.
Really well done!

Sharolyn said...

Wow, your work is incredible! Very inspiring to see what can be done, and what a challenge to stretch ourselves to new heights!

emily b said...

This is amazing! So bright and fresh and the music is perfect. Well done.

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

love!

YuMi P said...

So great and so creative!! Love your work!! How bad were the fingers cramping from all the folding? ;)

the brundages said...

OMG, I love this girl! So clever.

Kate said...

Your talent blows my mind, Erin! I'm inspired to make some stop motion now.

mary {lifeinspired} said...

this is amazing!

corinne said...

so fantastic! made me smile :)