2/28/11

A bagel party

My nephew turned 2 last month and he asked for a bagel party. My sister threw the sweetest party for him and wrote the most heartwarming entry about her little boy here.

For his party I made some favors for guests -- a bag of a dozen cookies that look like bagels. I used this Martha basic all-in-one cookie dough recipe and shaped them into little bagels. I flavored one batch with cinnamon and raisins, kept one plain, and sprinkled the rest with sesame seeds and poppy seeds.




I also made a big poster for a bagel toss game the kids played. I made it look like my nephew and cut out his mouth for the bagels to be thrown in. The kids had a lot of fun throwing mini bagels around.



See more photos of my nephew's party at my sister's site here.

12 comments:

Brooke Reynolds said...

I think this is the cutest thing I ever did see. A bagel party? Come on. I LOVE IT.

Brooke Reynolds said...

This is perhaps the cutest party favor I've ever seen. A bagel party? Come on! I love it!

NICOMADE said...

is it wrong to want this party at 27? so amazing!!

Simone said...

What a gorgeous idea for a party!

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

And those were some seriously tasty cookies, let me tell you. MMmmm. Good work. And thank you. :)

Michelle Sterling said...

Love!

Jenn B said...

erin, i love your work - so much care, thoughtful, and creative. it's wonderful :)

Truly Smitten said...

suuper cute! What a unique theme too for a lil' kid!

Vivian said...

WOW!!! what a unique and fun and creative and cute idea! LOVE IT!!

Designs Good said...

ha! bagel party?! that's genius!

Jaclyn said...

a bagel party? what an adorable two year old request! i love the idea and the bagel cookies + packaging is perfect!

Vegan said...

Those mini bagel cookies are adorable!