January stories

Some stories I worked on in this month's Martha Stewart Living magazine.

Art direction and design for a modern quilting story. Projects by Silke Stoddard and styling by Ayesha Patel.
Photographs by Ditte Isager.

January well opener. These beautiful eggs are from Martha's farm.
Photograph by Johnny Miller.

Design for a story on Tartine bread.
Photographs by Eric Wolfinger.

I love Tartine Bakery. It is one of my favorite places to visit when I am in San Francisco, so it was fun to work on the design for this story. It features Chad Robertson's famous Tartine loaf and several recipes using this bread, from when it is freshly baked to day-old, then week-old bread.

I'll be visiting San Francisco in a few weeks and I cannot wait to stop by Tartine and order a sandwich made with that fresh bread.

View more work here.


mandyface said...

That bread and dip he's eating looks gooooood!

SisterBatik said...

Hi there

Your blog is amazing! Love your design work. The loaf is absolutely mouth watering!!

We are just starting out in the blog world - creating our pillows - and showing them off : )

Would love you to come take a look.


annawithlove said...

these are great photographs!


C.R.A.F.T. said...

I love quilting :) I have never really thought about all the MANY options in quilting...blanket is always what comes to mind! I've made 3, and feel oh so very proud of myself! Thank you for sharing!

Sobrina Tung said...

wow, chad robertson's been getting around! i just saw a story on him and his bread in the san jose mercury a few weeks ago -- his bread IS darn good.

Karena said...

Wonderful site, so great to find you Indigo!!

Art by Karena

Courtney at Scattering Lupines said...

The quilting story is so well-done! I never thought I'd see quilting come back as design-savvy... but it's happening VERY effectively! I love it when designers freshen up something you never thought would work again (e.g. LEGGINGS!)

I like the framed quilt squares. Definitely art-worthy.

amanda jane said...

My goodness! You are such a lovely designer. I love your typography...so much. I just found your blog via cup of jo and have already added you to my reader. What a lovely lovely blog. I can't wait to see more. :)

patricia said...

I don't really sew but after seeing that article I thought that I seriously need to give it a shot—beautiful.