10/18/10

Emily + Dan wedding invitations


Here's a custom wedding invitation suite I worked on for Emily and Dan, a fun-loving couple from California.


They wanted their invitations to reflect their love for pattern, mid-century modern design, and red and vintage blue colors.

The RSVP cards:


Emily and Dan wanted a way for multiple guests to choose their meal options. I thought it'd be fun for guests to draw lines to what they wanted.



I made an illustrated houndstooth pattern for the envelope liner. This was also letterpressed.



Precise, meticulous letterpress printing done by Coeur Noir Specialty Printers in Brooklyn.

View more photos here.

(Thanks for the nice posts, Black*Eiffel, Seesaw Designs and Oh So Beautiful Paper.)

21 comments:

MaeMae Paperie said...

just died of pure happiness.

jordan said...

LOVE LOVE this

You are my favorite designer.

Oscar Cabezas said...

love it!

Magpie said...

[Clasps hands together in joy!]

Adorable!!! The houndstooth liner just takes this one right over the top.

Truly Smitten said...

this is so gosh darn cute!!! I LOOOVE the houndstooth liner! So talented, Erin!

honey my heart said...

this is great. the happy houndstooth liner made my day :)

jackie kersh said...

so cute.

Joanna Goddard said...

these are so cute! i LOVE the inside of the envelope!

Wh. said...

perfect.

Remilla said...

Love this!

ohgeegolly said...

these are amazing. the detail, I can't even imagine how long this took. It was definitely worth it (the cyan ink cartridges agree).

won said...

you are so talented, my dear. J approves of the herringbone.

s p i f f a n i e said...

i bet if you made blank crosshatch notecards with the houndstooth envelopes, they'd sell like gangbusters! so serious. you're awesome.

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

cool! was it in 3D? :)

Ceremonies by Bethel said...

These are adorable and so unique! I love how they put it out there how "it's about time!" :) Great job!

shadia said...

these are really cute! im a wedding planner/coordinator and id like to post your stuff on my blog. is that alright?

Erin said...

These are awesome! Great work!

Leandra said...

You are so incredibly talented my dear friend

steamsmyclams said...

These are brilliant! Love the attention to detail with the colours and just the overall design of it. Gorgeous work

MiMi said...

Exceptional wedding invitations. I love every details.

Tiffany and Apple said...

i LOVE this.