10/25/09

Marci + Ben wedding programs


Here are wedding programs I designed for Marci and Ben's wedding ceremony. I wanted them to look similar to their accordion-fold wedding invitations.


I printed the design on three different-colored sheets of paper to match the color palette of their invitations.


I love that they walked in to a Smiths song played by a string duo.




On the back side of the program, Marci and Ben lovingly crafted very short descriptions for each member of their wedding party. For the maid of honor: "Hair tugger, Jamaican chicken-jerker, wound-healer, sister, friend." I love this. The time and thoughtfulness that went into the language is what made this program meaningful and special.

View more photos of the programs and invitations here.

6 comments:

Truly Smitten said...

LOOOOVE it!

Liz said...

Love this! So simple yet stylish!

Joanna Goddard said...

i love how they described their wedding party!

Katelyn said...

I love this...I would love you to do this for my wedding stationary. Can you please contact me? klschlereth@gmail.com

Caroline said...

Love it, but also. OMG they had a Smiths song as their processional?

I am so doing that.

Bonny Smith said...

Those flourishes are so nice! Can I ask where you found them? I usually see more basic ones but these are very elegant and ornate.