10/20/09

Marci + Ben menu cards


Here's a menu card I designed and illustrated for Marci and Ben's wedding reception. The couple loves good food, so their menu did not disappoint. Charred eggplant caviar with harissa on a papadam chip. Beet, green bean and toasted pecan salad. Heirloom tomatoes with basil and olive oil. Grilled wild striped bass. Braised collard greens with bacon and mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. You get the idea. I really had a hard time focusing while working on this menu because everything sounded so amazingly delicious...


A couple weeks ago I saw that Lisa Rupp featured these on her site. (Thanks, Lisa!) Check out her blog, it is full of lovely inspiration; I'm so happy to have discovered a new read.

8 comments:

emily said...

So amazing! I absolutely loved their invites too.

jane said...

so pretty! did you screen print these yourself?? it must have taken a loong time!! i really love that grainy quality!

sarah b. said...

wow! very nice.

lindsey clare said...

hello, i just stumbled upon your blog today. it's really enjoyable to look at and read! your work is very inspiring :)

Jenny said...

Oh, these are so nice! I love how the menu looks!

theindigobunting said...

Hi Jane -- I wish these were screenprinted! I love how screenprints look so I cheat and try to mimic that in my illustration style. These were digitally printed.

jane said...

ooohh cool! very very pretty :) i hope you can do my invitations when i get married (its not any time soon..i'm still in college. heeheee..) just wishful thinking.. ;)

Louisville Wedding said...

I absolutely love the menu design card! Nice! Very colorful!