10/23/09

Marci + Ben invitations

It's been pretty busy the past couple months. And I realize I never got to post Marci and Ben's wedding invitations here!


Marci and Ben wanted something with a vintage modern feel, and in the course of our conversations, they mentioned their love for vintage ephemera and secret notes and hidden letters to each other. This invitation design is inspired by those things.

This is the main invitation card. You open the mini envelope...



...and pull out this accordion-folded strip of paper with the main invitation wording.


Some guests also found in their envelopes this small insert for the rehearsal dinner.


The 2nd part of the invitation was this perforated card. Map on the top. RSVP postcard on the bottom to tear off and mail back.



All bundled together and sent in these envelopes with custom mailing labels.


I hired Studio on Fire to take care of the letterpress, and they are so wonderful to work with. Everything they print turns out beautifully. See more of their amazing letterpress work here.

More photos here. And their wedding programs and adorable favors coming up soon...

17 comments:

Kate said...

wow, these look amazing!!

Kathleen said...

These are so awesome! I love Memoriam -- had hoped to use it on my own invitations, but was told it wouldn't letterpress well. The secret message in the envelope is so fun. Is there anything on the reverse side of the RSVP postcard or was it left blank?

jean said...

These look great! I love your use of color - the understated grey/cream on the letterpress with the colorful stripes and that awesome red on the invitation. And the typography! Beautiful!

theindigobunting said...

Hi Kathleen! Yes, the map and RSVP cards were only one-sided letterpress printing (although I think a pattern on the back would have been a lovely touch!).

Ashley said...

Wow these are so amazing and creative! I love the mini envelope idea - what an awesome way to put an individual stamp on these invites!

Ashley said...

I just tried to post a comment, but for some reason, it failed!

What awesome invites - I love the mini envelope idea! So fabulous!

sckatterheart said...

We ADORED these invites (and everything you designed) as did ALL our guests! AMAZING job by an incredibly talented designer! They were just right.

angela hardison said...

these are the best invitations i have EVER seen. gorgeous concept, colors, typography, and of course letterpress... amazing!

Belamour said...

How did you print all the different address labels for all the outer envelopes? Was that something the printer handled or did you print them yourself?

Love everything!

theindigobunting said...

Belamour -- I designed each individual mailing label and input each address, but had all the labels printed at a local printer.

angie said...

Beautiful design and the letterpress quality is impressive. *a

Dani said...

I found your work through the Oh SO Beautiful Paper blog and I must say that it is stunning. I am an aspiring graphic designer (graduating soon) and I find your work so inspiring!

Loni said...

wow these are really simply amazing, and real what fun to get in the mail! its like the jolly postman, the greatest book ever!

Kash said...

Where did you design and order the labels? Please let me know.

martha's vineyard weddings said...

stunning! thanks for sharing.

Chad said...

I was looking for some ideas for mailing labels and I ran across this. They are more complex than what I was looking to do right now, but definitely something I never considered.

You do some amazing work! Your blog is definitely on my list of inspiring ideas and different ideas. I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you!
-Chad
Pilster Photography

Stephanie said...

I LOVE these invitations. How can I get them for my wedding???