9/18/09

Something old, something new...


My very dear friend Lianne got married last weekend. It was the most cozy, rustic, beautiful wedding I've been to. She is an extraordinary baker. She made all the cupcakes for my wedding three years ago. So for her own wedding she went above and beyond and made two kinds of cupcakes, five kinds of cookies, two kinds of jams for her guests, and all kinds of thoughtful crafts that decorated her venue and made the day so special. I plan on sharing lots of photos from the wedding with you another week so you can see how wonderful it all really was and how incredible and creative Lianne is.

My friend didn't have a wedding shower so I wanted to give her a special gift on her wedding day. I thought about "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue," but didn't want to stick to the tradition of giving something she'd have to wear at the wedding. So this is what I put together for her:


Something old. Some old (and ok, some newer...) jams for the music-loving couple.



I designed the CD cover using one of their engagement photos. I am in love with all of their photographs taken by JL Photographia. I tried to tie in some of the same design elements that I used on their wedding invitations (will share photos of these soon!).


Something new. A new pink slip. Just because she didn't have a bridal shower doesn't mean she's not getting a piece of lingerie!


Something borrowed. I don't have much sage advice of my own, so I wrote down some borrowed words of wisdom on love and marriage.



Something blue. And something sweet for my foodie friend. A Mast Brothers chocolate bar with the iconic blue wrapper straight from Brooklyn. I hear it tastes worth-the-$9.99-amazing.



Pictures here.

13 comments:

Jane said...

lovely + personal + oh so sweet! i'm now going to go back and study the playlist on the cd. at quick glance i spotted some great songs ....

jane
simple-pretty.com

Cameron said...

I want to DIE over the Something Borrowed, oh my stinkin' heck! SO LOVELY!!! Bravo. Pure wonderful. :)

amytangerine said...

these are brilliant!

zara said...

That is so adorably cute.

made sweet said...

i love love love it! so thoughtful and sweet.

tiffany zajas said...

What a fantastic idea! I love gifts that are heartfelt and have a personal touch to them. So special. :)

Julie Martin said...

What a great friend you are to have created such wonderfully personal gift. I love their engagement photo and the words of wisdom especially. Beautiful job. I'm sure your friend just adored it.

Truly Smitten said...

wow! everything looks so adorable!

Joslyn said...

oooh such a perfect, gorgeous, unique, meaningful present.

love. it.

Suzanne said...

that is the best gift/idea ever! wow, i love it.
i wish i had seen this about 3 months ago (before i gave up on ideas and just pitched in to get my to-be-wedded friend a camcorder instead).

amberlee said...

not sure which idea to gush about most. it couldn't be more perfect! love the CD cover.

Colored Pencils said...

nice blog :DD

Meow Opre said...

Very interesting wedding gifts ideas here. :D Keep up the good writing dear author!